Friday, September 13, 2013

Break Through


Here we go again, it’s mass delusion. Running in incessant circles. The sole of my shoes slip on the featureless surface.  Truth floods the bottle, replacing ignorance with terror. The glass shatters, falling from its pedestal. Forward, anywhere but this place, away from this twilight zone. Footfalls are treacherous; I don’t belong here. Yet there’s grip, traction, I can move forward. Movement is my savior; consciousness is my companion. I falter and fall to the ground, cradled in earths embrace. Resting my head on a clump of moss, I attempt to catch my breath. A hand extends towards me from the canopy above. My feet are beneath me though I can’t see them.  Numbness begins to overcome them, weightlessness. A midnight sky enveloped me; a black sheet devoid of any comfort. My right hand began to burn” You are here”.  A hinge squeaked shut, or open, I couldn’t tell.  The smell of stagnant water came to my noise. The darkness was choking me. Long fingers curled around my ankles, locking me into place. My hand burned for a second time “You are here”.  I gazed at the fiery characters a crossed my palm. The script was plain and beautiful. The water began churning. While the darkness hid the water’s actions from me I could still hear its movement. I refused to be extinguished. Kicking off the now twig like claws, I rushed towards the sound and dove through. Voices buzzed in my ears; I marched on. I keep my head down and pushed on. Limitations were behind me, in the darkness, and everyone knows there’s a light at the end of each tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment